italiano

The Clock Tower in Lucca (Under the Bell)

map of the clock tower

The Clock Tower, along via Fillungo in the heart of Lucca, is the highest tower in the Tuscan city.
From the top of the tower, dominated by three bells, is possible to admire the Walls of Lucca and the mountains of the Apuan Alps and the Garfagnana.

In 1392 was installed the clock by the artisan Labruccio di Gilio Cerlotti while in 1754 a Swiss watchmaker from Geneva Louis Simon made a more modern look of the clock painting the twelve roman numbers on it. Simultaneously three bells were installed atop of the tower.

Recently the Clock Tower was restored by the municipal administration and reopened for visitors.

Bookmark and Share

VIRTUAL TOUR

THINK•LAB | THINK•VR360° | THINK•ARCHITECTURE | THINK•GRAPHICS | 360° CITIES | IMAGE OF THE MONTH

Copyright © 2009 THINK•LAB --- All rights reserved --- Site Map - Terms and Conditions